RECYCLED PENGUIN PROJECT
BY LOREN CASAS
There are many times people throw away plastic bottles, but wish they could utilize them on something useful. I thought about making something easy and entertaining that could be appreciated by everyone. It's a great little project for those rainy days indoor with your little one!
- Empty plastic bottle (bottle cap can be painted black for more realistic look)
- Cotton balls
- Black cardboard paper
- Orange cardboard paper
- Small eyes
- Hot glue gun
1. Insert cotton balls in the plastic bottle until full.
2. Install the bottle cap and attach two googley eyes to it using hot silicone.
3. Draw a cutout line on the black cardboard to create penguin wings (flippers).
4. Draw a cutout line on the orange cardboard to create webbed feet and a triangular shape for the beak.
5. Cut out the items from steps 3 and 4 with a scissors and attach them with hot silicone to form the body.
6. Wait for the glue to dry and enjoy your work with your little one!