Last weekend we hosted a Pumpkin Carving Party. It's an event we try to coordinate every year to bring my friends from my hometown in NJ and new friends here in PA together. It was exceptionally fun with a great turnout - Thank you everyone for coming!I wanted to step it up a bit this year, so I decided we needed trophies. If you've been following on Instagram, you've probably noticed I've been going a little gold crazy. Well, here is what I've been doing with all that gold. These are super fun and incredibly inexpensive to make.
- Trophy: Check out your local thrift shop, These came from our neighbors who had them from years when their kids were little. So they were free, score!
- Bloody hand, Rat and Foam pumpkin: local dollar store find
- Gold spray paint
- Glue and Utility Knife
- Glittery craft paper
- Spray paint everything and let dry.
- Cut a hole into each piece to fit over the existing trophy statue.
- Fit each piece on top of the trophy and use a strong glue to adhere.
- Cut out a small crown shape and glue to rat.