Do you recall my post last week? Since being inspired by all the exciting missions in the Fiesta Movement I wanted to have some fun too. I received so many wonderful ideas from you on this month's Adventure theme, Thank you! I ending up taking your advice and chose something that fit within my personal interests: a design adventure.
I challenged myself to makeover a large closet in our downstairs playroom and turn it into a usable space for the girls. We were already using it for a play space, but it only had a few chairs and random toys scattered. Boring. The girls wanted to help with this project, but I really wanted to surprise them as much as possible. When I felt discouraged, Maya would run in sneak a peek and talk about how much she loved it (even when I thought it looked terrible). Love that kid!
Here were the rules I set for myself:
1. Change the space in one day
2. Do it on my own. No help... at all.
3. 90% of items used must already be something we own.
4. Paint an ombre wall.
Here's what ended up happening:
1. I started around 10am and finished around 4pm. How could such a small space take so much time? I have kids... that should be reason enough, but Scott was also ripping out the soffits for our DIY kitchen renovation at the same time which became a bigger project than anticipated... what a guy!
2. I did 99.9% myself. Scott took the door off, that's it. I taped, painted, hung shelves and curtains and decorated.
3. I probably would have chosen a different paint color, but we had 4 paint sample cans already so it chose us. I purchased the curtains and pillows and we had the decals and furniture. There are also bookshelves on both walls, but they're hard to see in this picture. I'll share them another day (they're really neat!)
4. Paint....an ombre wall. It didn't come out as good as I hoped, but I will touch it up another day. I still like it and the girls love it. That's all that matters anyway!
BRIGHT IDEA ::::::::::>
Don't you love those string lights? They're a glow-in-the-dark wall decal that I ordered online from Vault or order them over on AMAZON.COM
This is a sponsored post and I was compensated for my participation. The opinions expressed are my own.
What kind of adventure did you go on this weekend? Check out this video from Fiesta Movement agents called, The Homeless Heros, Jerrell freestyles and it's hilarious to hear how quickly he can come up with things to say on random topics... I think I watched it 4 times already. ENJOY!